Our Vision & Aims
Children are at the centre of all that we do.
- We will be a happy, secure & stimulating environment where children are motivated to learn;
- We will be fully inclusive with regards to Special Educational Need, disability, gender, sexuality, religion social or cultural differences;
- We will promote excellent attendance and behaviour in order to ensure high levels of achievement;
We value everyone as an individual.
The ethos of our school is built upon the foundations of our core values. Our values underpin our pupil and staff code of conduct and are understood and shared by everyone.
We will work closely with our Extended Services – Ridgeway Rainbow Tots, Sunbeams Nursery and & Sunny Days Nursery, with other schools within the Burntwood Cooperative Trust and with schools further afield who have similar values to ourselves.
- Ridgeway will use its links with other settings to improve itself and support the improvement of others through the sharing of good practice;
- All staff will receive support and continual professional development in order to provide the best education for our pupils;
- We will promote Family Learning and relationships with families and the local community to ensure that we have a positive active relationship with all stakeholders;
Ridgeway will provide opportunities for all pupils to achieve the highest level they can in all aspects of their development.
- We will promote an enjoyment of learning and quality teaching through a creative approach to the curriculum that will stay with our pupils throughout their lives;
- We will support our pupils to develop high aspirations of what they can do and provide the means to achieve these;
- We will provide opportunities for all pupils to participate in a variety of enrichment activities and sporting events both within and after the school day;
- We will promote SMSC and the British Values of democracy, law, respect, equality and tolerance;