Our Vision & Aims
Children are at the centre of all that we do.
- We will be a happy, secure & stimulating environment where children are motivated to learn;
- We will be fully inclusive with regards to Special Educational Need, disability, gender, sexuality, religion social or cultural differences;
- We will promote excellent attendance and behaviour in order to ensure high levels of achievement;
We value everyone as an individual.
- Our values are based on the Co-operative values and as a Co-operative school these values are evident in our actions, policies and procedures. These values form part of our pupil code of conduct: Honesty, Respect, Co-operation, Responsibility, Tolerance and Friendship;
We will work closely with our Extended Services – Ridgeway Rainbow Tots, Sunbeams Nursery and & Sunny Days Nursery, with other schools within the Burntwood Cooperative Trust and with schools further afield who have similar values to ourselves.
- Ridgeway will use its links with other settings to improve itself and support the improvement of others through the sharing of good practice;
- All staff will receive support and continual professional development in order to provide the best education for our pupils;
- We will promote Family Learning and relationships with families and the local community to ensure that we have a positive active relationship with all stakeholders;
Ridgeway will provide opportunities for all pupils to achieve the highest level they can in all aspects of their development.
- We will promote an enjoyment of learning and quality teaching through a creative approach to the curriculum that will stay with our pupils throughout their lives;
- We will support our pupils to develop high aspirations of what they can do and provide the means to achieve these;
- We will provide opportunities for all pupils to participate in a variety of enrichment activities and sporting events both within and after the school day;
- We will promote SMSC and the British Values of democracy, law, respect, equality and tolerance;